Monday, August 11, 2014

We drove to the shoreline with the check engine light on...

Even for Mystery Monday, I rarely share current titles, but since this 2013 LP has been a daily love affair for me over the past few months I've seen it fit to indulge you, if only for 24 hours.  With it's brutally honest prose (channeling the ethos and angst of say, Holden Caulfield), tone deaf harmonies, and strenuous, homegrown hooks, this one has really settled into the fabric of my everyday life.  It's emo big time, the kind championed by labels such as Polyvinyl and Jade Tree Records. 

Physical copies are almost impossible to come by at this point, but I've provided a list of links to multiple digital vendors (all the usual suspects).  If you like what you hear, please show these guys some love.

Note: I'm going to be leaving this one up strictly for 24 hours.

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/58570377/file.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. This is wonderful. Huge fan of many bands that this reminds me of, but this is the first time i've heard this. Thank You! "Let me explode, become minimal and disappear."

spavid said...

I'm with you Marcel.

Analphabetapolotholgy said...

What the heck was this? Something from Topshelf Records? That label has been hitting consistent homeruns lately with the "emo revival" moniker.