Friday, January 10, 2014

Vim 7" ep (1995, Dry Hump)

Though this wasn't particularly the draw so to speak, Vim was the side project of the Geraldine Fibber's Kevin Fitzgerald.  I'm not a Fibb's fan in the slightest, but luckily Vim was a completely different beast, exuding a lo-fi aesthetic similarly employed by the likes of Polvo, further, early Sebadoh, and heck even vintage Dino Jr. at times.  It's all here gang - raw riffs, winsome wails, and crooked chords all over the goddamn place, bandaged together with telltale indie sensibilities.  I'd sure like to know if there's more where this came from.  If Fitzgerald is anything like Barlow or Bob Pollard he might have reels of this kind of stuff lying around, but I suppose it's useless to speculate.  My apologies for some of the extraneous vinyl choppiness, which perhaps I'll be able to rectify in some small way at a later date. 

01. carny
02. delbert
03. oyster
04. spin-off

hear

3 comments:

J. Will said...

This rules a whole lot -- I think I hear a healthy dollop of Further in there as well

Diep Ho LAc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

reup please