Wednesday, November 21, 2012

V/A - Bumping Up and Down 7" (1999, Lil' Red Wagon)

I really can't claim to harbor a dedicated interest to any of the participants on this concise 7" compilation, but being the obscuro that it is I couldn't resist sharing it.  First up, B'ehl kick things off with the finest this disk has to offer in the form of "Mies Pleez" a driving slice of twee acousti-pop.  Kitty Craft's trip-hop infiltrated "Lo-Fi" is true to it's name, while Tummybug's dry-witted ode to Bill Nye is downright painful.   The only group on this roster I have any relative familiarity with are St. Louis' indie underdogs Bunnygrunt who tease us with a mere thirty-seven seconds of fuzz rock action they like to call "I Mock You With My Monkey Pants."

01. B'ehl - Mies Pleez 
02. Kitty Craft - Lo-fi
03. Naysay - Same Old Song
04. Tummybug - Science Fiction
05. Bunnygrunt - I Mock You With My Monkey Pants

Hear

1 comment:

Mark H said...

I forgot when/where I acquired this waaay back in the day, but I do remember two things about it: 1) I like the music, though 90s lo-fi indie/twee/bedroom pop stuff is right in my wheelhouse. And 2) The hole in my 7" fits really, really, really, tightly on my record player. These digital tracks are a blast from the past and I'm grateful now for the convenience! Thanks!