Thursday, November 1, 2012

Petey - c-side ep (2012) - a brief overview

A few weeks ago, a little birdy was kind enough to tip me off on Petey, an upstart Raleigh, NC trio whose clangy chords and feeble yet encouraging vocal presence ooze a purist indie-rock aesthetic resulting in substantive tunes like "Our Own Names" and "Louder Hawks."  Petey's tinny sonic template is refreshingly minimalist and organic, making it a solid antidote to the current hipster morass that I find so unstimulating.  You can stream and/or buy (digitally) the band's c-side ep on their Bandcamp site.  I should also note that a single is to follow...

3 comments:

Brun~ said...

It took me exactly 53 seconds to decide to download it.

spavid said...

Cool. Guess that means my job is done. Hope you enjoy.

Anonymous said...

It only took me 52!