Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Welcome to Wilfully Osbcure, I'll be your blogger for today

Greetings and salutations ladies and gentlemen to Wilfully Obscure, my feeble attempt to channel the neglected corridors of my music collection into something other than dust-gathering artifacts.

While I primarily plan on sticking to the aforementioned genres, (see header) rest assured there will be plenty of breathing room. The emphasis here is on out of print, and otherwise unreleased recordings by artists that I feel are worthy of further exposure

If there are any questions, objections, concerns, reveries, requests, (and my personal favorite) praise, may I direct you to my profile for further information. Special thanks go out to Scott Rothschild, for enlightening me on the phrase this blog derives it's moniker from. Without further a do bon appetit!

2 comments:

Trailer Trash zine said...

Hi! Thank you SO much for making this blog. I appreciate your hard work. You've posted some long forgotten bands that I probably never would have remembered had you not posted them! I worked in an indie record store for 6 years from 1990 to 1996 and saw a lot of these bands' CDs come through our store. Great work!

The.HR.Doctor said...

What a delightful ten and a half years it has been.

You continue to surprise us with the eclectic words and music of those less fortunate - but none the less influential - than those that play to 20,000 SRO, all-seater, corporate-titled stadia on a nightly basis.

May your mission statement stay the course and here's to a rousing and wilfully obscure 2018.

Cheers!!